MTS Names Szolkowski Senior VP-Operations
Paul Semack, president of Marine Transport Service, Inc., 40 Rector Street, New York, N.Y.
10006, has announced the appointment of Capt. Boleslaw Szolkowski as senior vice president- operations.
Captain Szolkowski previously served as senior vice presidento p e r a t i o n s for Transamerican Trailer Transport, Inc., former operator of five roll-on/roll-off trailerships on the U.S. to San Juan trade route.
In the merchant marine field for 46 years, Captain Szolkowski's shipping experience includes serving as marine superintendent for Transamerican Steamship Lines, and captain on the company's v e s s e l s , Trans-Borinquen and Trans-Union, which provided breakbulk service between New York and Puerto Rico.
Captain Szolkowski's career also includes service for Ward Lines and T.J. Stevenson. He graduated from Poland's Merchant Marine Academy before World War II and for a brief time after the war, served as headmaster of the Polish Nautical College in England and also as lecturer on nautical science at the University of Southampton.
In his new post, Captain Szolkowski will be responsible for all of MTS's ship and terminal operations.
MTS's three large ro/ro vessels provide regular service from Philadelphia and Galveston to the Middle East ports of Jeddah and Dammam.
These MTS vessels include the Laurentian Forest, a self-sustaining 682-foot-long side loading ro/ ro ship, and the Finnbuilder and Finn Amer, both 571-foot-long stern loading ro/ro vessels which also have container capacity of 461 TEUs.
Other stories from June 15, 1976 issue
- Hoffert Marine, Inc. Offers New Brochure page: 4
- Two Firms Request Aid For 165,000-DWT Tankers Costing $173.8 Million page: 6
- Expansion Of Brazilian Shipyard Will Double Construction Capacity page: 7
- California Group Forms Europe To Arabia Ro/Ro Barge Service page: 8
- Syncrolift® Commissions World's Largest Shiplift At Canary Islands Repair Yard page: 10
- Bethlehem Builds Drill Rig For Norwegian Group, With GE Credit Furnishing First Mortgage, To Work Off Louisiana Coast For Shell Oil page: 10
- Vicinay Chain Company Officially Opens New Corpus Christi Manufacturing Plant page: 12
- Stig Host Appointed Chief Executive Officer Of Skaarup Shipping page: 12
- World's Most Sophisticated Maritime Research Simulator page: 13
- EDO Corporation Awarded $7-Million Foreign Order page: 14
- Marland Names Reps For USCG Approved Sewage-Treatment Unit page: 14
- Ingalls Companies Name William Kearney page: 15
- Morflot Opens Headquarters Office page: 16
- Savannah Machine Elects Green Executive VP page: 16
- Bethlehem Signs Agreement To Represent New Arab Shipbuilding And Repair Yard page: 17
- United Polish Shipyards Offer New Brochure On Building Facilities page: 17
- Gulf Trading Promotes Hindson And Monaghan page: 17
- CG Approves Microphor Sewage Treatment System page: 17
- Tacoma Boat Launches First Of Two Tug/Supply Vessels For Tidewater Marine page: 19
- American Bureau Appoints K.E. Sheehan Counsel page: 19
- The Waterways Company Licenses Delta Shipyard To Make STEERMASTERs page: 20
- New York Port Groups Honor James McAllister page: 20
- ASNE San Diego Section Hears Adm. Monger Stress Importance Of Safety Interlocks page: 21
- Todd Names Schaefer Assistant General Manager Los Angeles Shipyard page: 21
- R.H. Roemer Forms Mobile Marine Assoc. page: 22
- SNAME Gulf Section Holds Spring Meeting page: 24
- Lykes Elects Brennan Exec. Vice President page: 25
- Texaco Adds Another VLCC To Company Fleet Of 189 Tanker page: 28
- ITT Decca Marine Names Three Managers page: 29
- NDTA Honors Tom Crowley page: 34
- Mississippi Marine Rebuilds Fire-Damaged Towboat Lillian G page: 34
- Chesapeake Section Of SNAME Hears Paper On High Speed Ship Structural Dynamics page: 36
- Hovermarine Announces First Sale To Japan page: 37
- MTS Names Szolkowski Senior VP-Operations page: 37
- Advanced Marine Opens Office In Washington page: 38
- W.H. Blaylock Joins Energy Transportation As Safety Coordinator page: 39
- Gratwick Named VP New Marine Division Canadian Nat'l Railways page: 39
- Dubai Petroleum Elects H.A. Mckinley President page: 44
- Konel Names Abbott West Coast Manager page: 44
- Bath Iron Launches Third Ro/Ro Ship- Delivers First To States Steamship Co. page: 46
- Maritime Association Publishes 1976 Edition N.Y. Port Handbook page: 47
- Special Skills And Machines Prepare Aluminum Shell Plates For Spherical-Type LNG Tanks page: 48
- Marine Executives Visit University To Review Class Project On Construction Of Towboats page: 49