New Model Pilot Ladder Has Easily Replaced Steps —Literature Available
The A.L. Don Company of Matawan, N.J., has developed a greatly improved version of its pilot ladder which now features steps which can be quickly and easily replaced aboard ship.
The steps are held in place by a mechanical clamp instead of hand serving. As a result, a step can be replaced onboard the vessel without the need to unstring the ladder. The replacement procedure is quick and easy, and can be accomplished using ordinary hand-tools.
"Our new pilot ladder is the only ladder approved by the USCG on the market with steps that can be replaced without having to send the ladder back to the factory or to an assembling distributor," stated Peter W. Gronbeck, vice president of A.L. Don Company. This new design simplifies maintenance and reduces costs by extending uninterrupted use.
A number of other improvements are incorporated in the new design including suspension ropes with a white outer jacket and an orange safety core. A visible orange core alerts the user that the rope is worn. Steps are now painted international safety orange, and have safe, nonskid stepping surfaces.
A.L. Don's new pilot ladders are USCG approved and meet or exceed all SOLAS regulations and IMO standards.
For free specification sheets and technical diagrams of A.L.
Don's new pilot ladder, Write 80 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from February 15, 1983 issue
- Raytheon Service Awarded $1-Million Navy Electronics Contract For Conversions page: 4
- USCG Uses Faster, Easier Stud Welding System —Literature Available page: 8
- National Marine Opens Dock-Side Diesel Shop In Harvey, Louisiana —Literature Offered page: 8
- Burrard Yarrows Announces Two Senior Appointments page: 8
- Raytheon Company Forms New Office Of Corporate Marketing page: 8
- Successful Trials Held For Heavy Lift Vessel Sibig Venture page: 10
- Raytheon Holds SatCom Engineering Seminar page: 10
- NABRICO Names Holland Tidewater Area Distributor page: 10
- INTERNATIONAL OIL SPILL CONFERENCE page: 14
- Irvine Named General Manager And Chief Surveyor For AMT Panama page: 23
- Ocean Carriers Seeks MarAd Approval For T-5 Tankers Charter To MSC page: 24
- TeleSystems Concludes Distribution Agreement With Grove Of Canada page: 24
- Eastern Marine Delivers Trinity River To Transportation Resources page: 25
- COAL EXPORTS page: 26
- Navy Secretary Says '83 Budget Permits Fleet To Reach 600 Ships page: 27
- Halter Marine Delivers First Of Four 191-Foot Supply Boats To Point Express page: 30
- Navy Solicits Qualified Sources To Overhaul Ships Machinery page: 30
- First Of Five Tankers For USSR Christened At Rauma-Repola Yard page: 32
- LR#s Offshore Register Shows Increase Of Over 100 Units In Mobile Drilling Rigs page: 32
- $4.5 Million In Cost Increases Approved By MarAd For Two Ro/Ro's page: 32
- AWO 40 YEARS OF PROGRESS page: 34
- Navy Exercises Final Options In $1.7 Billion T-AKX Program page: 37
- Leevac Shipyards Delivers 165-Foot Supply Vessel To Offshore Express page: 38
- Bay Shipbuilding Completes Repairs To USCG Cutter Mackinaw Ahead Of Schedule page: 39
- Newport News Announces Five Executive Appointments page: 40
- USS Ticonderoga, First Of New Class Of Cruisers, Joins The Fleet page: 41
- Amos Baki Appointed Vice President At Rosenblatt & Son page: 42
- Frydenbo Names Triconn Licensee In U.S. For Rotary Steering Gear page: 42
- Report Available On Computer Data Transfer Via Maritime Satellite page: 43
- Hitachi Zosen Shipyard Delivers 53,538-Dwt Car/Bulk Carrier page: 49
- •Blount Delivers Cruise Vessel For Chesapeake Bay Service page: 49
- Air Hoists Help Speed Propeller Repair At Todd's Seattle Yard page: 49
- Asia Pacific Launches Supply Vessel For National Marine page: 54
- Malcolm Dick Elected President Of Gibbs & Cox Naval Architectural Firm page: 55
- Free Interface Offered With Texas Instruments' SatNav —Literature Available page: 55
- New Managing Director Appointed At Neorion page: 55
- General Dynamics Elects Fritz G. Tovar To New Vice Presidential Posts page: 55
- Free 24-Page Color Brochure Describes Deutz B/AM 816 Diesels page: 55
- New Model Pilot Ladder Has Easily Replaced Steps —Literature Available page: 55