FMC Offers Compact Turbine-Driven Centrifugal Boiler-Feed Pump
—Literature Available A compact, single-stage centrifugal boiler feed pump, with pump capacities to 400 gpm and total head to 406 psig, is now available from FMC Coffin® Turbo Pump Division, FMC Corporation. Overall dimensions, length-width-height, are just 32 inches by 23 inches by 32 inches.
Designed type "IND," this diffuser- type, turbine-driven pump is ideal for applications with low to medium water consumption.
The IND features a highly efficient, single-stage design. The impeller and turbine wheel are mounted on a common, alloy steel shaft to provide longer wear, less maintenance and a lower initial cost than multi-stage systems. Also fea- tured is an automatic recirculating system, which automatically pipes the natural leakage past the inboard wearing ring back to the suction source.
The pump is equipped with an automatic control valve and constant pressure regulator. Lined into the control system is a protective automatic excess back pressure trip that provides complete protection against any excessive rise in casing exhaust pressure. The turbine is provided with a steam strainer, turbine casing sentinel valve, overspeed governor, and a combined trip and throttle valve. Housing is rigid, one-piece cast steel.
Positive lubrication is assured by means of a self-contained oil system consisting of oil splash rings, a large oil sump and oil cooler assembly.
An exclusive oil dam feature is incorporated into the bearing retainers so that a small reservoir of oil is continually maintained in each main bearing retainer assembly.
This not only provides a reserve oil supply, but also allows for instant start-up.
Other specifications include: liquid temperatures to 300 F (149° C); maximum suction pressure, 75 psig; steam inlet pressure to 600 psig, with initial temperature to 650° F TT and exhaust pressure to 60 psig.
For a free brochure and further information on the Coffin Type "IND" turbo pump, Circle 20 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from February 15, 1985 issue
- Imi-Tech Awarded $300,000 In Navy Research Contracts page: 4
- Two More U.S. Lines Containerships Delivered Early By Daewoo Yard page: 5
- Whitey Introduces New Severe Service Valve page: 5
- Loftus Succeeds Graham As Vice President-Sales For Moran Towing page: 6
- Coburn Appointed Area Manager For Sea-Land— Martin Named Port Manager page: 6
- Gulf Coast Trailing Dredge Under Construction At Twin City Shipyard page: 6
- Laviola And Adelman Named Corporate Vice Presidents At M. Rosenblatt & Son Firm page: 6
- Chaplin Appointed Vice President-Development For Bell Aerospace Textron page: 7
- Szczypinski Named Vice President Of Techmatics page: 7
- Folk Signs License Agreement With Renk For Reverse-Reduction Drives page: 8
- Mitsui Delivers Bulk Carrier To Kohoi Shipping Of Hong Kong page: 8
- W.A.I.T.! Alloy Identification Kits Introduced By Fenner page: 8
- Tracor Awarded $16-Million Contract For Automated Communications System page: 10
- St. Pe Succeeds Erb As President of Ingalls Shipbuilding Division page: 10
- FMC Offers Brochure On High-Capacity Centrifugal Pumps page: 11
- OFFSHORE GOTEBORG 85 page: 12
- FMC Offers Compact Turbine-Driven Centrifugal Boiler-Feed Pump page: 19
- Society Of Marine Consultants Reviews Arctic Oil Transportation page: 20
- Amor And Frayling Named Vice Presidents For Lister Diesels page: 20
- Navy Buys 11 More Ships For Ready Reserve Fleet At Cost Of $82.5 Million page: 21
- Peterson Yard Launches Another Rescue/Salvage Vessel For Navy page: 22
- MarAd Approves Sale Of Delta Line To U.S. Lines page: 22
- Boeing Sells Jetfoil To Canadian Company For Marine Research page: 22
- New York SNAME Meeting Hears Paper On Shipboard Computers page: 22
- Third Rowan Gorilla Drilling Rig Delivered By Marathon LeTourneau page: 28
- Morris Guralnick Firm Awarded Two Contracts For Conversion Designs page: 29
- Navy Awards NASSCO $14 Million For Overhaul Of Tank Landing Ship page: 29
- OIL SPILL CONFERENCE page: 30
- FAIRNESS, SIMPLICITY AND ECONOMIC GROWTH page: 37
- New Racal-Decca Problem-Solving Electronics Unveiled page: 41
- SweetWater RO Unit Selected For Antarctic Expedition By British page: 42
- Wartsila Delivers Combination Tanker xTavi' To Neste Oy page: 42
- Sea-Land Cranes Complete Trip From Japan To Port Of Tacoma page: 47
- General Thermodynamics Offers Free Literature On 300-A BMEP Balancer page: 48
- Worthington Offers Free Publication On Fire-Fighting Monitors page: 48
- Nelson Industries Introduces xBilge Boy' Oily Water Separator page: 51