MMC Offers Free Catalog On Tank Gauging Tapes And Vapor Control Valves
For over 30 years, MMC International Corporation, Inwood, N.Y., has been serving the maritime industry by manufacturing tank gauging systems, both portable and fixed, along with a variety of vapor control valves widely recognized for their durability, reliability and ease of operation.
Of even greater importance to shipbuilders and ship operators is the MMC record for constantly updating and improving these products to meet the stringent requirements of modern seagoing vessels.
All of the improvements are described in detail in a new eight-page color catalog that is now available from the company. MMC maintains manufacturing and marketing facilities in England and Japan to serve all their worldwide clients.
MMC's hand-held gauging tapes are marketed under the trademark "Flexi-Dip." They are designed for restricted and closed tank gauging, via vapor control valves, to depths up to 120 feet. Special order tapes are available from 165 to 330 feet.
The gauging tapes are designed to measure ullage, interface (oil/water) and temperature.
There is one triple function model (trimode) which measures ullage, interface and temperature in a single penetration. If only ullage and interface or ullage and temperature are needed, two bimode variations are available. There are two single mode units available for temperature or ullage only.
The company reports accuracies to +/- 1/8 inch linear measurements. All systems are intrinsically safe via approvals from FM, BASEEFA, CSA or SAA.
MMC recently announced that it had been awarded a contract by Avondale Shipyards Division for the U.S. Navy, specifying that the new series of Navy T-AO fleet oilers would be fitted with MMC ullage/interface gauging tapes.
Since restricted hand-held tank gauging is performed in conjunction with vapor control valves, MMC provides a wide array of such devices. MMC offers a line of 6 different vapor control valves, which singularly or in combination, can satisfy any customer's requirements or specific need.
The latest MMC vapor valve entry is its UValve that can be installed directly on existing ullage hatches, without hot work or the need to gas-free tanks. This is a major advantage since it eliminates the need to remove the vessel from service to perform installation.
The new MMC catalog illustrates all of the gauges and valves available.
For free literature describing MMC gauging equipment and vapor control valves, Circle 105 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from February 1989 issue
- Shipyard Opened By North Carolina DOT; Features New Synchrolift page: 4
- Unitor Announces New Owner Structure page: 5
- Marine Electric Moves To New Facilities; Divides Into Three Separate Firms page: 5
- Caterpillar Wins $1.4-Million Navy Mine Plow Contract page: 5
- PACECO Acquired By Mitsui Engineering —Literature Available page: 6
- HMS Marine Hardware Offers Smoke-Gard Curtains For Shipboard Smoke Containment Uses page: 6
- Sperry Marine Offers Six-Page Full-Color Brochure On RASCAR page: 7
- MMC Offers Free Catalog On Tank Gauging Tapes And Vapor Control Valves page: 8
- Southern Shipbuilding Completes Conversion Of Hopper Dredge page: 9
- Bird-Johnson To Expand Pascagoula Facility page: 9
- Lister Chain To Open U.S. Anchor Chain Plant —Literature Available page: 10
- Compact Weather Facsimile From Raytheon Can Be Programmed For Unattended Operation page: 10
- Valve Cage Repairing: An Example Of MWH's Service To The Customer page: 10
- Runyan Machine Completes Conversion Of Supply Boat Into Passenger Vessel page: 11
- Willcox North America Opens New Service Center —Literature Offered page: 11
- CANADIAN MARITIME INDUSTRIES ASSOCIATION'S 41st ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE AND CANADIAN SHIPBUILDING & OFFSHORE EXHIBITION page: 12
- Call For Papers For Symposium On National Shipbuilding Research page: 12
- Shieldings To Buy Versatile Pacific page: 12
- SPD Technologies Marks First Full Year And 100th Anniversary In Ceremonies page: 13
- New US-China Pact Offers Opportunities To Shipping Lines page: 14
- SPD Technologies Completes Acquisition Of Dyncorp Unit page: 15
- Marine coatings & corrosion control page: 16
- Leevac Awarded Conversion Contracts —Literature Available page: 24
- Carrier Transicold Offers Free Marine Refrigeration Sales & Service Directory page: 25
- McDermott Signs Letter Of Intent To Acquire Avondale Offshore Division Assets page: 25
- Textron Marine Wins LCAC Program Contracts Worth $225 Million page: 26
- ITT Antarctic Seeks Bids For Charter/Purchase Of Icebreaker For NSF page: 26
- LONG TERM OUTLOOK FOR U.S. NAVY SHIPBUILDING page: 29
- MAJOR NAVY CONTRACTS page: 35
- Lightweight Lifting Slings From Slingmax Rigging Products Used In Navy Ship Launching page: 42
- PROMISING FUTURE FOR CANADIAN NAVAL SHIPBUILDING page: 44
- Avondale Shipyards Christens USS Tortuga (LSD-46) For Navy page: 46
- MSI Offers Naval And Commercial Training At Simulator Complex page: 47
- Trinity Marine Group Acquires Lockheed Shipbuilding Yard page: 48
- Avondale Christens U.S. Navy Fleet Oiler, USNS Leroy Grumman (T-AO-195) page: 48
- Colonna's Begins Repair Of U.S. Navy Frigate Under $3-Million Contract page: 48
- Versatile Pacific Delivers Arctic Icebreaker 'Henry Larsen' To Canadian Coast Guard page: 51
- Nichols Brothers Delivers High-Speed Army Catamaran For Use In Marshall Islands page: 51
- Cunico Offers Free 60-Page Catalog On Fittings And Flanges page: 52
- SNAME Section Calls For Papers For Ice Tech Symposium page: 52
- Renk Tacke Reports Over 100 RCF Gears Sold To Date page: 52
- Recent U.S. Navy Flag Officer Nominations page: 53
- Schoellhorn-Albrecht Under New Leadership page: 53
- Furuno Introduces New Products; Is Now Distributor For Lokata EPIRBs page: 54
- Color Brochure Offered On New High-Tech Marine Repair Lift page: 54
- Leslie Controls Introduces New SDM 5000 Flow Computer page: 54
- Cooper Bearing Offers Free Catalog, Booklet On Marine Roller Bearings page: 55
- CTI Industries Names Jeff Longmore Manager, Coatings Division page: 56
- B&W Product Tanker 'Petrobulk Mars' Is First Ship Ever To Be Equipped With One-Man Operated Bridge page: 56
- Electric Boat To Build First Seawolf Submarine Under $726-Million Pact page: 57
- Free 88-Page Catalog On Product Lines Offered By Crosby Group page: 57
- Voith Receives Orders For Four Water Tractors page: 58
- MagneTek ALS Adds Pease, Rizzotti To Staff page: 59
- Dehumidification, Sealing, Monitoring System Installed On MSC Ship By L&C page: 59
- Volvo Penta Enters New Market Segment For Workboat Engines With 16-Liter Marine Diesel page: 61
- Zodiac Hurricane RIBs Ideal For Use As Rescue Craft page: 63
- Mid-Coast Marine Lengthens And Modifies Fishing Vessel Pegasus page: 63
- Kockums Receives $2.7 Million In Orders For Steerbear Systems page: 63
- New Color Video Sounder From Raytheon Offers Advanced Multi-Screen Presentations page: 65
- Siemens Offers Free 100-Page Catalog On Contractors And Starters page: 65
- National Forge Wins Navy Contracts Totaling More Than $28 Million page: 66
- Boston Whaler Introduces 36-Foot Welded Aluminum Patrol Boat 'Defiance' page: 71
- Haynes Buys Bendix Industrial Diesel Fuel Injection System Product Line page: 71
- Swagelok Offers Literature On Quick-Connects For Corrosive Applications page: 71
- Viking Introduces Ship Evacuation Slide page: 74
- 'Immersion' Suits Replace Outdated 'Exposure' Suits page: 75
- Repair Of Naval Vessel Aided By Power Team Hydraulic Rams page: 76